Monday, January 21, 2008

New Family Members



Hello there - and YES - the Albuquerque Kiolbasas are still alive. My sister-in-law, Michelle, reminded me that it had been a super long time since I had posted...and it has....so here I am.

January has been a month of new additions to my families. My little sister had her baby last Friday (1/18/08)...and you can see the little angel, Penelope May Lewis in the picture above....she's the little, tiny human.

The other picture is of me holding my new baby, Neeka... she is the little furry child sitting on my lap. Chris and I are fostering Neeka for a local pet rescue for a little while until we decide whether or not she gets to stay permanently. She just arrived yesterday, and as far as we can tell she is staying. We have had a minor amount of feline posturing, growling and hissing, but nothing really serious. Neeka and I spent a few hours alone last night, bonding, and she really seems like she will be my kitty, but that all could change in a week or two....that's how long it took the other traitors to move to the dark side.....or CHRIS's side, if you will. Neeka likes to sit on my lap, and she likes me to carry her up and down the stairs. She only weighs 8 pounds, so this is not that big of a deal to me.

So now we have 4 cats again, 2 boys (Alvin and Julius) and 2 girls (Neeka and Clementine) again. We were down one cat for a couple of months after we lost Sabine to diabetes. We can never replace Sabine, but in her honor we wanted to offer another cat a home, and believe me, there are a lot of cats in Albuquerque that are homeless.

So here's to the new additions to the families! May all of us be happy together!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim, Michelle, Deryck and Ashley said...

Glad to see a new posting and a photo of the new addition to your home...she doesn't look shy at all! In your defense... We in T-town have been absent for a long time and it was my little sister Jenn that reminded me of my duty to blog so she could watch my kiddies grow and laugh/think about the things yet to come her way in life. Love you all!! MA

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home